Thursday, March 22, 2012

Authorsday: Carol Preflatish

  1. What was the name of the first novel you wrote? Did you try to publish it?

The first book I wrote was called "CIA Man." My writing was horrible, but I still love the story. I did send it out to several publishers, but none took it. I've done some revisions on it, but it still isn't ready. I hope to be able to get it published some day because I really think the story is a good one.

  1. If you have a day job, what is it?

My day job is working as a Human Services Consultant for State government. I sit at a computer all day reviewing public assistance cases.

  1. What’s your writing schedule?

I try to write for at least 45 minutes over my lunch hour at work. Then, for an hour in the evening, if I'm lucky. The weekends are the best for writing. My husband works on the weekend and that leaves me plenty of uninterrupted time to write.

  1. What place that you haven’t visited would you like to go?

I'd love to go to Colorado and see the Rocky Mountains. I love mountains and would love to go there to photograph them. I'd also like to visit the New England states. I think the pictures I've seen from there look wonderful.

  1. What do you do when you are not writing?

I'm afraid I love to watch television, old movies especially and there are a few current shows that I hate to miss. I also love to watch NFL football. When my favorite teams are playing on Sundays, I have to take a break from writing.

  1. Who is your greatest cheerleader?

That would be my best friend, Sandy.  She has been so supportive of my writing; always encouraging me.

  1. What is your favorite writing reference book and why?

I have a very old English Composition textbook that I bought for fifty-cents at a book sale in high school. When I need to reference sentence structure or connecting words, I always check that book. I have no idea what the name of it is.

  1. Where do you write?

Most of my writing is done at my desk at home on my laptop. It's a small desk with very little space available on it right now. I also have an AlphaSmart word processor that is great to take with me when going somewhere. It's much lighter than my laptop and keeps me off the Internet when I should be writing.

  1. What was the hardest scene to write?

The hardest scene I've ever written was in my first book, yet unpublished. It was a fight scene with no dialogue. I had to describe the physical action of the fight and also show the emotions while it was going on.

  1. What else are you working on right now?

I have about four chapters finished on a contemporary romance that is about a millionaire who falls for his personal chef. I'm also working on a mystery series that is police procedural that I am hoping to self-publish. So far, about five chapters are completed with four books plotted.





You are welcome to make up your own questions if you like also. Anything you think will illuminate what you want your readers to know.



Author Bio



Carol Preflatish knew at an early age that she loved to write. In high school and college, her favorite classes were composition and creative writing. It wasn't until after she married and then became a parent that she decided to pursue it seriously. Always loving a good mystery, she's constantly thinking up ideas for future books.



Carol lives in southern Indiana, sharing her log cabin in the woods with her husband and their cat and dog. When not writing, she loves to read, watch football, and go camping with her husband.



You can learn more about Carol on her web site at http://CarolPre.webs.com and on her blog, http://CarolPre.blogspot.com



Book Blurb:



When writer Jaime Wilson visits Indiana to investigate an unsolved mystery, she finds herself becoming the next target and Sheriff Ben Hunter comes to her rescue. She didn't count on falling in love with him and he didn't think he would have to work so hard to keep her safe.


2 comments:

Davee Jones said...

Hi Carol, great getting to know more about you. I highly recommend the Rockies. I had the awesome fortune to live just west of Denver in the mountains for three years. It is breathtaking.
Thank you for sharing a bit of you and thanks to Chris Redding for hosting!

Molly Daniels said...

Hi Carol:) Next time we get together, I'll bring my Colorado pics:) Maybe that will add to your 'hunger' and your hubby will have no choice but to take you out there:) I'd be willing to go along as travel guide, naturally....LOL:)

Hurry up and finish that story about the chef and millionaire!!!