Sunday, March 13, 2011

All Things Romantic Suspense Tour: Ursula Grey

Ursula Grey answers my questions.

1. When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

Ever since I was a wee lass. The magic contained in the books of my childhood made me want to become a writer. I loved visiting my local public library and leaving with an armful of books. Still do.

2. How did you pick the genre you write in?

So far I've written a mainstream contemporary romance with elements of suspense, and also three erotic historical romances. I'd like to try my hand at something more literary one day. I write what I like to read!

3. What’s your favorite quote?

One of my favorite quotes is by English novelist, George Eliot: "It's never too late to be who you might have been." I find it very inspirational in that it mirrors my personal philosophy regarding the pursuit of happiness. I think it's always important to have a goal to accomplish or a dream to make come true.

4. What authors do you admire?

Several actually! They cross different genres, and in no particular order, some of my favorite novelists are: Rose Tremain, Joyce Carol Oates, Margaret Atwood, Joanne Harris, and Sandra Gulland. Now that I have a Kindle I've started to explore lesser known Indie authors whose work I find impressive. I love how online publishing has leveled the playing field. It provides authors with a platform to share their work and let readers decide who and what they like.

5. What place that you haven’t visited would you like to go?

Definitely Greece, specifically the island of Crete. I am fascinated by the culture of the early Minoans, the first advanced civilization of Europe. They were a peaceful and artistic people. I'd really love to visit the Palace of Knossos, see the amazing wall frescoes, and basically walk in the footsteps of the ancients!

6. What other time period besides your own would you like to experience?

I wouldn't mind visiting the island of Crete during the height of the Minoan civilization. Also love French civilization and culture ~ any time period would work for me. Attending a gala at the Palace of Versailles sounds perfect!

7. What do you do when you are not writing?

I'm either working, and when I'm not doing that, I'm reading, relaxing, or planning my next vacation.

8. Who is your greatest cheerleader?

My husband. He has great faith in my abilities as a writer. Most encouraging he is ~ I think he hopes I'll be wildly successful one day so that we can quit our day jobs and travel the world. (I'm working on it, honey.)

9. What would you like to learn to do that you haven’t?

I'd love to become proficient in the French language. I've taken classes during college, refresher courses here and there…I think the only way to really learn the language is by immersing myself in the culture. Okay, what that really means is that I need to move to France. Did I mention that I am a Francophile?

10. What is your favorite writing reference book and why?

If we're talking craft, so far it's Writing Tools, 50 Essential Strategies for Every Writer, by Roy Peter Clark. If you need inspiration or encouragement, it's Becoming a Writer, by Dorothea Brande.



Author Bio:

A writer of romance and erotica, Ursula Grey has always been fascinated by the written word. A Northern transplant, she now resides in the sultry South with her husband and crazy tween puppy. When not at work, she is either reading, writing, relaxing, practicing yoga, or in route to France. Her ebooks are available at Amazon, Are, Mobipocket, Bookstrand, eXcessica and Noble Romance Publishing.





Book Blurb:

Adelaide anticipates an uneventful journey—however, the man sharing her stagecoach has other ideas. Will Adelaide acquiesce to the unusual demands placed upon her by the mysterious stranger? She quickly comes to the realization that Mr. Winters wants not only to dominate her time—but her body, as well. Will she have the courage to submit?



Buy link: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-adelaide039sadventure-521341-144.html

1 comment:

Author Peg Herring said...

To Ursula,
Good interview! My husband, too, encourages me with the hope of future travel in first class!
To Chris' readers:
I blogged here a month ago about my new book, THE DEAD DETECTIVE AGENCY. It has been reshuffled in my publisher's line-up and is now scheduled for APRIL 1,2011. The crazy world of publishing!! However, in the meantime, it did get a great review, which you can see at www.ll-publications.com/deaddetectiveagency.html
Paperback preorders get an autographed copy.
Peg Herring