Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Book Review Tuesday - The Unseen by T.L. Hines


When I started reading The Unseen by T.L.Hines I thought I was going to be creeped out by it. The back cover copy says, “Lucas is a loner, but he’s never alone. From secret hiding places, he peers into the lives of others. Creepy, huh? The whole idea that someone is watching you is creepy. Though in my work office you’d be hard-pressed to watch me without my knowing it. Despite my misgivings, I decided to try the book anyway.
I’m glad I did.
This book isn’t just about a guy who watches other people. Lucas is a man with a past. He thinks he knows what that is, but you find out he doesn’t. So as not to spoil the end, I won’t say more than that.
One day he runs into another person in the steam tunnels under Washington DC. He’d never encountered someone in his territory so he Googles the person. He finds out there are others who watch people as they work and live. He goes to a meeting of a group called The Creep Club. He doesn’t like what he sees.
This is where his life goes South. I could not have predicted how events unfold in the rest of the book. This is always a plus. As a writer I have a pretty good imagination and I know all about twists and turns. When an author can keep me guessing that makes for a good read. So two thumbs up to T.L. Hines.

No comments: